Thursday, June 12, 2014

Four at once!

It's been a busy few weeks.  In addition to a week-long trip to Orlando to see Miss Em and several days in Chicago for a meeting, I finished and delivered four quilts for former colleagues who retired last week.  My goal, in addition to creating special gifts, was to make a small dent in all my scraps, so I used Bonnie Hunter's patterns for two of them. 

The first, for Kenneth, is a variation of Scrappy Trips.  Kenneth is a fan of bright Hawaiian-style shirts.  While I didn't use Hawaiian fabric in this, the bright colors remind me of him.




 Kenneth's retirement 64"x48"

Robert's quilt uses the Scrappy Mountains pattern and is backed in a plaid flannel.  His sister said it will go perfectly in his new apartment.


Robert's retirement 61"x50"

Therona's quilt used one of my favorite quick quilt patterns, a jelly roll race.  There are lots of videos that show how to make this quilt that uses just one jelly roll (or 40 2.5" WOF strips) and can be put together in just a few hours.  She was quite pleased with it.


Therona's retirement 64"x50"

Finally, Anne's quilt is a disappearing nine-patch made with leftover charm squares alternated with solid white.  It makes a very modern-looking quilt, perfect for artist Anne.


Anne's retirement 66"x52"

All the recipients were very happy and, best of all, no new fabric was purchased to make these quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!