Monday, June 30, 2014

Paint Cans

The Dallas Modern Quilt Guild recently participated in a challenge from the Michael Miller company using their Cotton Couture line.  We were given 8 fat eighths of various pastel fabrics and given two months to create something using those pastels and any other Cotton Couture fabric we wanted.  The fabric is beautiful, with a slight sheen and a beautiful hand, soft and almost silky.  It is a dream to work with.

The DMQG has another upcoming challenge to find an "inspiration" and make something based on that inspiration.  I found my inspiration one evening watching HGTV when I saw a Benjamin Moore paint commercial called "A Color for Your 3 Year Old's Mural."  I loved the way the colorful paint cans swirled across the screen and could see that translated into a quilt.  When I saw the Michael Miller Cotton Couture fabric, all the pieces came together and I had my challenge quilt.

Paint Cans
28"x40"

The Michael Miller company will choose 3 winners of the challenge and award prizes.  There were lots of fabulous quilts created, so I'll let you know after next month's meeting if I win anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!