Friday, October 10, 2014

Orca Bay Finished

It has taken me nearly three years, but I have finally finished Orca Bay.  This was Bonnie Hunter's 2011 mystery quilt, and my first mystery.  I started it when she posted her first clue (something like "cut 350 1.5" half-square triangles") and quickly fell hopelessly behind.  But I persevered, mostly on retreats, finally attaching the border at a retreat this past June.  There are so many tiny pieces that there's nearly as much fabric in the seams as in the top, and it weighs a ton, but it will keep me nice and cozy this winter.  It was made completely with fabric from my stash.

 Orca Bay 72"x78"

2 comments:

  1. I helped!! LOL! Lovely. Have you done any other mysteries? Are you going to try this years? She just released fabric info. I am thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you did! I'm thinking about doing this year's too, now that this is done. I also want to do Easy Street -- so many quilts, not enough time.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!